Monday, July 30, 2012

London Games 2012

Banquet day!  It was a complete success, I was extemely pleased with the result of EVERYTHING.  The decorations were fantastic, the food was divine, the workers were amazing, it was simply.....well, perfect.  I helped create the balloon torches which took a couple hours which suprised me, I thought we would throw those bad boys up really quick, didn't happen.  Bambi taught all about how to do it, she is a great teacher they turned out gorgeous.

Samantha and the rest of the crew worked and worked and worked on those torches for hours.  They turned out looking really great too, hard work pays off.  I never realized how much time and effort goes into planning, preparing, and conquering a banquet like this.  We spent months on this two hour event.  The last week has been spent on crafting, which I am not the best at, but I sure gave it my all!  We spent three days on decorations!  Amazing. 

As the day went on we worked hard to keep busy moving things, getting all the decorations set, and preparing food.  There were a million desserts as you will see below which of course was my absolute favorite part.  As far as food goes the chicken kiev and bubble & squeak was my favorite, with a side of mint chocolate gelato.  SOOOO good.  I am still in awww that everything went so smoothly, we worked hard and I am very proud.

All things the start must end, including this internship.  I am so grateful I got a chance to be an intern with NACUFS.  I have learned so much, we would have never been able to organize and plan this event and some of the other things without amazing teachers.  Thank you UGA for all of your hard work. 









I'll miss my new friend, it has been an amazing summer.  Utah bound tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Mattie, not sure if you are going to read this or not, but if you do - can you tell me where you found the flame balloons on the top of your torches? I would greatly appreciate it! bhgoodrum@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are from Burton and Burton - http://www.burtonandburton.com/

    ReplyDelete