Sunday, July 22, 2012

Penn State Internship Comes to an End...

Well I really can't believe that two months have gone by. I had such an amazing and great time!

We spent the last three weeks shadowing one manager in particular and learning firsthand what it takes to manage at a university food service level. I was lucky enough to shadow Geno at Pollock Dining Commons. Geno was patient, a great teacher, and has a really people oriented way of managing. I loved learning from him!


Learning how to order with Geno.

Andrew learning how to use Food Pro.


The last two weeks were spent making sure we had everything we needed for our farewell luncheon. Andrew and I were in charge of the back of the house for the event and we ordered, prepped, prepared, and plated the salads and desserts. We worked really well together and were very proud of how the luncheon came together. We got so many compliments on the salad!

The luncheon was beautiful and emotional. Ariel and Carla did an amazing job at decorating and hosting the front of the house.  It was wonderful to see everyone at Penn State who had helped mentor and guide us through the last eight weeks. And it was sad to know that we would be leaving some great people and great friends.

This was easily one of the best experiences of my life and I am so very thankful to NACUFS and Penn State for the opportunity to learn more about food service and to find my passion and conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment