Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Village Summit

Today I was at Village Summit and Samantha was at Bolton.  I learned about scheduling and how tideous it is, making every employee happy is impossible.  I learned about the different areas and how they forcast and plan for the amount of full time employees they need for each station.  They rotate weekends, usually there are three full time employees per station and they work every third weekend.  I feel like this is such a good and consistant way to do things.  I was with Adam for most of the day and he is a very effective and efficient manager I was quite impressed.  When he needs something done it gets done, but on the same hand he has an open door policy and welcomes any employee to talk to him about scheduling or anything else really.  Around 11 a black shirt (student supervisor) and I went through a quality assurance audit.  I can see where these would be useful because it asked questions about sanitation, proper temps, customer service, and a clean environment to work in.  It was time consuming, but necessary. 

We also sat in on two interviews and I was able to ask a few questions.  Recently in school we learned about how much interview questions are going to situation based rather than yes or no questions.  It is such a good way to get to know someone and how they react in certain situations.  Tamala asked most of the questions.  We interviewed two people and five of us sat in on the interview.  If I would have been them I would have been really intimidated!  They both seemed to handle it pretty well though.

I like these people I am going to miss them when we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment