Monday, July 9, 2012

We came, We fed, We conquered...

Today was one of my most favorite days, it was a long one but I loved it.  We were busy all day long prepping for the freshmen banquet.  It was the first dinner for them and then our dinner will be the end of the month.  It will be the same type of setting except olympic style and different food.  I am so excited!

The day started off by putting grill marks on the flank steak that we made the marinade for last Friday.  I had never done it before so I wanted to learn!  Basically, it is a melting pot I was so warm!  Grill marks just make it so the juiciness of the steak stays within it while it bakes in the oven.  Let me tell you a little secret.....it was AMAZING!  I am a master griller now, watch out!  The day proceeded with counting cups, lemon wedges, and getting other small things set up.

We then got the pleasure of working with Ms. Red (pictured below).  She is truly one of the sweetest and most sassy ladies I have met here, we really enjoyed our time with her.  We cut and trayed a lot of the desserts and prepared the garnishes for the mousses.  There were a variety of flavors; raspberry, lemon, orange, chocolate, and I believe mint or lime.  The other desserts included; tirimasu, the richest chocolate cake of my life, an apple pie, and cheese cake.  The dessert line was obviously my favorite.  The other food was absolutely exquisite.  Janet, Shelly, and the team really do a wonderful job.  Speaking of Shelly, we already told her, but she truly is a wonderful manager.  She has a calm personality and tells you what you what to do in a good amount of detail and leaves you to do it.  She does not micro manage and I hope to manage like her someday.  She has a way of calming you, today was crazy in the dining hall and even when there were a million children running around she was very relaxed.  I have enjoyed working with her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment