Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mackinac Island, Meeting up with MSU, and Much More

Mackinac Island and Meeting up with MSU


A lot has happened here at Ferris State in Michigan since I last posted on this blog!


*Took a trip to the National Headquarters for Gordon Food Service
This was amazing and we were able to talk to 2 Dietitians who work there! 


*Tour of Starbucks on campus
I'd LOVE to work at a Starbucks one day, and Lucy even applied for a position this coming year at her home school, Penn State.


*More cooking in the kitchen


*Trip to Michigan State and then they visited us
 Lucy and I (kaitlyn) so enjoyed our time with the 2 NACUFS interns at Michigan State. I'm sad we won't get to see them anymore this summer. But we all talked about perhaps getting our DI together.. hopefully!! :)  


*4th of July Fun

Lucy had an early morning scheduled in the kitchen so she didn't join me for the Big Rapids Parade, but I really enjoyed it. Then I was invited over to a manager's home to swim in her new pool. So much fun! I really feel as though we're becoming a part of this community.


*Managing Rotation
These last 4 weeks Lucy and I will spend shadowing and learning more about management with the 5 Assistant Managers at The Rock Cafe. I'm looking forward to it! 


*Projects  Projects Projects
We have a lot coming up now as the internship begins to wrap up. We did a presentation for all of the cooks yesterday on eating Gluten Free in a University setting. They were great participators! We also are writing an article for the upcoming NACUFS newsletter as well as having a Mock Interview with the dining directors. Yikes! Our Theme Meals are also fast approaching. I have a feeling these next 3 weeks will fly by! 


*Mackinac Island
Last but not least, our coordinator Brenda, was kind enough to take us on a mini vacation last weekend! Neither Lucy or I have a car here this summer, so Brenda took us as well as her college age daughter to the infamous Mackinac Island! I have heard about Mackinac my entire life, and I couldn't have enjoyed our time there more. But I'll let the pictures explain that!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment