Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 7 at KU

After two weeks of staring at a computer doing project work, North College Cafe was just what my body needed.  Bethany and I were involved in testing recipes, training and orientation, as well as helping organize the newly-renovated dining hall.

I've worked in a small bakery, but never in an industrial-sized kitchen; so it was very interesting to see all the equipment and how it's used.  A big thank you to all the staff over there, especially Kendall, Kevin, and Sam, who were the people that let me follow them around and 'help' all week =0)

Things were running a little behind with regards to construction, and there were problems with some of the equipment not working.  It was a great experience to see how management and staff dealt with the setbacks.


(I was a slacker when it came to taking pictures, so I don't have one this week, but check out Bethany Downing's post for some good ones =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment