Sunday, July 15, 2012

Purdue - Week 6!

Week six in West Lafayette is officially over. Two weeks left and then it's time for Brittany and I to return to our lives back home...

This week was spent helping out in Earhart for a large conference that was staying at Purdue. We worked with the students in the Front of the House all week and fed around 1,600 people at each meal. It was crazy to see this many people in the dining court, since we've been normally been having meals of around 150 people. We worked in almost every station and perfected our skills that we've learned at our time in Earhart. We've made so many connections with the students and full time staff here that it will be weird to not work with them anymore! I've also noticed that my body has adjusted to the 6:30 AM shifts and I can hardly sleep past 8:00 AM anymore, even on the weekends! But I guess that's all a part of growing up...

The next two weeks will be spent finishing up our projects and presenting them. While in Earhart I took a few more pictures to be used in our Food Allergy training video, which I'll post here. It's crazy to look back on the things we've learned and to realize that we've actually accomplished a whole lot! I'm very grateful to be writing this blog so that I can look back on all of the opportunities we've had and hopefully not forget any of the experiences here.

I know these last two weeks are going to fly by! I'll make sure to keep my camera handy and try to capture some more moments...

More posts to come!

- Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment