Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer projects

I cannot believe it has been a month since we arrived here in beautiful UGA!!!  I have had such an amazing experience and have enjoyed working with the team here in Athens.  We have been working extremely hard on a project with foodpro and I wanted to talk about what we are actually required to do.  The project was presented to us in a way that let us figure out and do it in a way that we thought suited us best.  I am enjoying this approach because while doing this project I have also learned a lot about my pros and cons in the work force.  The UGA website is an amazing and advanced site for students to see the menu and most of the menu items all online.  Katherine the RD here, also does the nutrition labels and facts for most of the foods.  Our assignment was to get every single item all the way from grilled cheese sandwiches to dijon mustard packets and individually list them into each section.  The reason for doing this is for the students.  When they go online, UGA wants them to be able to look at say......the omelete bar and pick out exactly what they had in their omelete and it spits out how many calories they consumed and all of that good stuff.  It is going to be awesome, it is just getting it done is the problem!  Samantha and I are working hard to get a good start for the team and I hope we can put a good backbone into place!!

Our other project is the freshmen college banquet on July 31st.  We are so excited about this!!  Since the Olympic games are here we decided to do an Olympic themed dinner.  I think I have talked about it in previous blogs, but just an update all recipes are in!  They are being looked at by Janet and Shelly and we should be able to proceed tomorrow!  Happy fourth of July everyone!  We spent ours on the beach!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment