Sunday, June 17, 2012

staying Busy in Big rapids

Lucy and I (Kaitlyn) have had another fantastic and yet busy week here at Ferris State University in Michigan! We've experienced things such as: 


*a 4:00am bakery shift
we helped out Laura in the bakery and tested quite a few new desserts for the upcoming year. I was also able to practice my cake for my Theme Meal that's coming up in July. My theme is 'Michigan grown food,' so I'm making a delicious yellow cake with cherries on top! It was an early day, but so much fun!


*catering a wedding Saturday night








It was my first time catering a wedding, and Lucy's first wedding that she'd ever even been to. We had a wonderful time with the catering crew from Ferris State, and we even were able to taste some of the food. I've really enjoyed getting to help with catering and see that new side of dining services. 


*cooking in The Rock Cafe dining hall 


I've been making omelets and Lucy has been making pizza. Another great week to look forward to here at The Rock. 


*learning about the storerooms and how to keep inventory of all the food. 
We've had the chance to become more familiar with FoodPro, and the Study Guides that our coordinator Brenda is having us do have shown us just how much we've really been learning! 



No comments:

Post a Comment